Chocolate Mint Brownies
- 1 stick unsalted butter, 8 tbsp.
- 4 oz. bittersweet bar chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. instant espresso powder
- 1 pkg. creme de menthe thins, such as andes, 4.67 oz
- vanilla ice cream
How to Make Chocolate Mint Brownies
- 1Coat five half pint glass jars with nonstick spray. Set aside. Melt butter and chocolate in pan over medium heat.
- 2Off heat, stir sugar into chocolate mixture, then stir in eggs and vanilla til mixed. Set aside to cool slightly
- 3Whisk together flour, salt, and espresso powder. Stir into chocolate mixture.
- 4Reserve 5 mints for garnish; halve remaining and fold into batter. Divide batter evenly among prepared jars. Transfer jars to a 4 to 6 quart slow cooker. Make sure jars don't touch each other or the sides of slow cooker.
- 5Cover slow cooker and cook brownies til beginning to pull away from sides of jars but still slightly gooey in centers on high setting, 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours. Uncover, turn off heat and let brownies sit in slow cooker 1 hour before serving. Serve with vanilla ice cream and reserved mints.