CHOCOLATE MASCARPONE BROWNIES
Jo Anne Sugimoto
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This is one of those awesome desserts that you can have just a bite of and feel satisfied. With an intensely dark chocolate flavor, they are practically fudge-like in consistency. So rich, so creamy, so GOOD! The Test Kitchen
1 cbutter, unsalted
3 ozsemi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
1/2 ccocoa powder
1/2 cmascarpone cheese, softened
3 largeeggs, room temperature
2 tspvanilla extract
1/2 call-purpose flour
6 ozsemi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
6 Tbspwhipping cream
3 Tbspbutter, unsalted
How to Make CHOCOLATE MASCARPONE BROWNIES
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prep 8-inch glass cake pan.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter, bring it to just below a boil, pour the hot butter over the chocolate and let stand for about 30 seconds,then stir till the chocolate is completely melted.
- Sift in the sugar and the cocoa powder.
- With a wooden spoon, beat in the mascarpone, eggs and vanilla, mix till smooth.
- Gently fold the flour and salt into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, do a toothpick test and if it comes out clean then it's done.
- Remove the pan from the oven onto a wire rack to cool.
- Place chocolate in a mixing bowl. In a small saucepan, bring the cream and butter to just below a boil over medium heat.
- Pour the hot cream-butter mixture over the chocolate, let stand for 30 seconds, then stir till smooth.
- Ganache is now ready to spread over the brownies.
- Do not cut the brownies till the ganache is set. It's probably best to refrigerate the brownies first.