Chocolate Lovers Oreo Cupcakes
Oh and I always have icing left over! Can you say WHOOPIE! You got it! I use the leftover icing for WHOOPIE Pies!
- cupcake ingredients
- oreo cookies
- devils food chocolate cake mix
- 1 c
- sour cream
- 1/2 c
- vegetable oil
- 1/3 c
- 3 large
- frosting ingredients
- 1 c
- unsalted butter
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 lb
- powdered sugar
- 1/4 c
How to Make Chocolate Lovers Oreo Cupcakes
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Line 24 cupcake cups with foil liners. Separate all the Oreo tops from the bottoms, placing the Oreo half with the icing in the bottom of each liner, icing side up. Set the pans aside.
- 3Place the other halves of the Oreos in a blender or bag and crush them. Set the crumbs aside.
- 4Place the cake mix, water, vegetable oil, sour cream and eggs in a large mixing bowl and mix together.
- 5Fill the cupcake liners 3/4 full with the batter.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 17 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool at least 15 minutes before frosting.
- 7While the cupcakes are baking; cream together the unsalted butter and vanilla. Making sure it is nice and smooth.
- 8Add the powdered sugar slowly making sure that is nice and creamy before adding more.
- 9Add the crushed Oreo cookie crumbs to the icing and cream together until smooth.
- 10Add the 1/4 cup milk a little at a time making sure the icing is nice and creamy. You may want to use more or less milk, depending on how creamy you like your icing.
- 11After the cupcakes have cooled at least 15 minutes; frost them with icing. You can top them with miniature Oreos or anything you desire or leave them plain.