Chocolate Lovers Oreo Cupcakes
Oh and I always have icing left over! Can you say WHOOPIE! You got it! I use the leftover icing for WHOOPIE Pies!
1devils food chocolate cake mix
1 csour cream
1/2 cvegetable oil
1 cunsalted butter
1 tspvanilla extract
1 lbpowdered sugar
How to Make Chocolate Lovers Oreo Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 24 cupcake cups with foil liners. Separate all the Oreo tops from the bottoms, placing the Oreo half with the icing in the bottom of each liner, icing side up. Set the pans aside.
- Place the other halves of the Oreos in a blender or bag and crush them. Set the crumbs aside.
- Place the cake mix, water, vegetable oil, sour cream and eggs in a large mixing bowl and mix together.
- Fill the cupcake liners 3/4 full with the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 17 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool at least 15 minutes before frosting.
- While the cupcakes are baking; cream together the unsalted butter and vanilla. Making sure it is nice and smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar slowly making sure that is nice and creamy before adding more.
- Add the crushed Oreo cookie crumbs to the icing and cream together until smooth.
- Add the 1/4 cup milk a little at a time making sure the icing is nice and creamy. You may want to use more or less milk, depending on how creamy you like your icing.
- After the cupcakes have cooled at least 15 minutes; frost them with icing. You can top them with miniature Oreos or anything you desire or leave them plain.