Chocolate Layer Cake
"Sexy" isn't really how I feel when I bake. LOL
I made this for my daughter's birthday and it was a big hit.
- box swiss chocolate cake mix
- 2 1/2 c
- 1 c
- vegetable oil
- box classic white cake mix
- 2-12 oz
- fluffy white frosting, betty crocker whipped
- 1-16 oz
- rich and creamy dark chocolate frosting
- 1-8 oz
- 1 bar, white chocolate (optional)
How to Make Chocolate Layer Cake
- 1Preheat oven 350. Butter and flour four 8 inch round cake pans.
- 2Combine chocolate cake mix, 1 1/4 cups of the water, 1/2 cup of the oil, and 3 of the eggs in large bowl. Beat for 2 minutes or until well blended. Divide batter between 2 prepared cake pans.
- 3Combine the white cake mix, the remaining 1 1/4 cups water, 1/2 cup oil, and 3 eggs in another large bowl. Beat for 2 minutes or until well blended. Divide batter between the remaining 2 prepared cake pans. Bake the 4 cakes for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- 4Cool Cakes in pans on cooling rack for 15 minutes. Invert cakes onto cooling rack. Cool cakes completely. Using sharp or serrated knife, cut each cake horizontally in half, forming 8 layers total. Place 1 white cake layer, cut side down, on platter; spread 1/4 cup of dark chocolate frosting over top of cake. Place 1 chocolate cake layer, cut side up, on top of first cake layer; spread 1/4 cup of white frosting over top of chocolate cake layer. Repeat layering and frosting until all layers are used. Frost entire cake with remaining white frosting. Top with Chocolate curls. Refrigerate cake until ready to serve.