Chocolate lavender cake with chocolate Lavender frosting
How to Make Chocolate lavender cake with chocolate Lavender frosting
- For Lavender infused water, bring 4 cups of water to a boil and stir in 2 Tablespoons of dried lavender. Let it sit for about 2 hours, using a small mesh strainer drain lavender water into a bowl, discard the wet lavender.
- For lavender cream, Heat 1 cup of heavy cream and add 3 teaspoons of dry lavender, let this set for 30 minutes, if a stronger flavor is desired you can let it sit for 2 hours refrigerated, strain & discard wet lavender
- separately mix according to the directions on the box, both the chocolate and white cakes, substituting the liquid in both with lavender water.
- Pour the chocolate cake into cake pans according to box directions
- add a few drops of purple food coloring to the white cake mix and stir well until a light lavender color. using a large spoon drop some of this batter onto the chocolate batter and swirl with a knife, Bake according to directions
- You can eliminate the white cake completely I did this for the swirl effect and to add a little more Lavender flavor(you can make cupcakes out of the left over white batter if desired If you decide to use the white cake mix)
- cool,and frost with chocolate butter cream frosting or your favorite recipe using the infused cream for the liquid. I also made white butter cream frosting and used infused cream for the liquid, So that I could add color to the trim of my cake but this is not necessary