CHOCOLATE LAVA CAKES
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 ozbar of ghirarlelli chocolate baking bar
1/4 cheavy cream
4 ozbar ghirardelli baking bar
1/2 cbutter unsalted
2egg yolks only from 2 eggs
1/2 tspvanilla extract
1/2 call purpose flour
How to Make CHOCOLATE LAVA CAKES
- To make the centers, in the top of a double boiler or in a heatproof bowl over barely simmering water, melt the 2 ounces of chocolate with the cream. Whisk gently to blend
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours, or until firm. With your hands, form into six balls; refrigerate until needed.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray six 4-ounce ramekins or custard cups with cooking spray.
- To make the cakes, in the top of a double boiler or in a heatproof bowl over barely simmering water, melt the 4 ounces of chocolate and the butter, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, whisk the whole eggs, egg yolks, sugar, and vanilla on high speed for about 5 minutes, or until thick and light. Fold the melted chocolate mixture and flour into the egg mixture just until combined. Spoon the cake batter into the ramekins. Place a chocolate ball in the middle of each ramekin.
- AS YOU CAN SEE MINE IS TOPPED WITH A HERSHEYS CHOCOLATE BAR BUT YOU CAN TOP YOUR WITH WHAT EVER YOU LIKE.