Chocolate Hazelnut Lava Cakes
How to Make Chocolate Hazelnut Lava Cakes
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Place a small metal bowl over a saucepan with simmering water. Melt the chocolate and butter in the bowl. Stir in amaretto.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, flour and salt. Sift these into the chocolate and mix well with electric hand mixer. Add eggs one at time, fully incorporating each egg before adding the next. Beat at high until batter is creamy and lightens in color, approximately 4 minutes. Chill mixture.
- 4Coat the top and bottom of each ramekin with butter. Dust with the cocoa powder and shake out excess. Spoon mixture into ramekin fill 3/4 full. Bake for 10 to 11 minutes. Outsides should be cake-like and centers should be gooey.
- 5Allow to cool for 5-10 min. Run butter knife around the outside of the ramekin, turn oven onto plate and garnish.