Chocolate Guinness Cake
1 cguinness beer (don't use the whole can/bottle)
1 stickunsalted butter
3/4 cunsweetened cocoa powder
2 cgranulated sugar (superfine, if possible, or pulse in food processor)
3/4 csour cream
1 Tbspvanilla extract
2 call-purpose flour
2 1/2 tspbaking soda
·powdered sugar for garnishing
How to Make Chocolate Guinness Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°. Butter a 9-inch springform pan and line bottom with parchment paper.
- Pour Guinness into a large saucepan, add butter and heat until melted. Whisk in cocoa powder and sugar.
- In a small bowl, beat sour cream with eggs and vanilla, then pour in beer mixture and whisk in flour and baking soda.
- Pour cake batter into prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes to an hour (Check for doneness by poking a skewer in center.)
- Cool completely in the pan on a cooling rack. Cake will be very moist.
- When cake is cooled, remove from pan and place on serving platter. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.