Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes with Cherry Cheesecake
They are amazingly moist, chocolatey and decadent!! With just the right amount of richness without them being overpowering, and the milk chocolate ganache? Oh my heaven's... we will leave it at that!! Next add the cherry cheesecake?? *insert bells*
What we love about them even more is the simplicity and ease of this recipe by using boxed cake mix and no bake cheesecake mix.
- 1 box
- cake mix, devils food
- 1 c
- (8 oz) plain greek yogurt
- 1 pkg
- no bake jello cheesecake mix
- 1 pkg
- milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 c
- maraschino cherries patted dry
How to Make Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes with Cherry Cheesecake
- 1Prepare your no bake cheesecake filling.
Follow instructions on package regarding milk and setting time. While cheesecake is setting, open up your package of cherries, place in a bowl, and using a very, very sophisticated method "aka a fork", scoop out the big pieces of cherries and discard. Reason we do this is that the bigger pieces of cherries will not pipe thru, it will clog your tip. When cheesecake filling is set, fold in your cherries and set in fridge till ready to use.
- 2Prepare cake mix according to baking directions substituting the "oil" in the recipe and adding the yogurt instead. Yogurt really enhances a recipe by literally allowing it to be denser but still keeping it very moist. This was exactly the flavor and consistency we were aiming for... a dense, moist piece of goodness!! Place liners in your cupcake tins and add your cake mixture till the cups are 2/3 full. Place in preheated oven and bake. When cupcakes are ready, take out and place on cooling rack. After a few minutes you can remove the cups and place directly on cooking rack, let cool thoroughly, about 35-45 minutes.
- 3Once cupcakes have cooled, use your favorite gadget to make holes into the center of each cupcake. Even though I recently purchased a cupcake plunger, I reverted back to my citrus corer. It makes just the right size hole... does that make sense? Maybe I'm just old fashioned!! ;-)
Save your plugs.
Using a pastry bag and a 21 tip (wilton), scoop out 1/2 of your cherry cheesecake filling, place in bag, and proceed to fill cupcakes till almost to the top, see below.
- 5Prepare your ganache. Using a microwave safe bowl, add your chocolate chips and milk. Microwave in 30 second increments stirring thoroughly with whisk after each time. You will see the chocolate ganache become nice and glossy and smooth, this is when you know it's ready.
Note, ganache thickens upon standing. So, you can frost them two ways; you can dip the top of the cupcakes into the ready made more thinner ganache, wait a few minutes and then double dip. Or you can wait a few minutes till the sauce has thickend a little bit and then dip once. That is my preferred method (you know I'm about easy right)? Place on cooling rack and let ganache set for a few minutes.