Chocolate Cherry Fudge Bundt Cake
- 1 box
- 15.25 oz. box duncan hines classic devil's food cake mix, or any brand you choose
- 1 box
- 1 lb. 2 oz. box ghirardelli triple fudge brownie mix
- eggs, (i remove the chalaza of each yolk)
- 1 1/2 c
- canola oil
- 1/4 c
- 1/4 cup baileys’ chocolate cherry liqueur
- 1 c
- mini chocolate chips, opts.
How to Make Chocolate Cherry Fudge Bundt Cake
- 14Place the chocolate chips in a medium bowl. Bring the cream and salt to a simmer, I heat cream up in the microwave 45 seconds. Pour the cream over the chocolate. Wait 60 seconds to soften the chocolate, and then stir until the chocolate is entirely melted and the mixture is smooth. Cool to thicken slightly adding vanilla extract.
- 17What is Canola: Canola is a crop with plants from three to five feet tall that produce pods from which seeds are harvested and crushed to create canola oil and meal. These plants also produce small, yellow flowers, which beautify the environment.
Canola belongs to the same family as mustard, broccoli, Brussels sprouts and cauliflower. Besides the U.S., it is grown in Canada and Australia, but canola oil is consumed all over the world. In the U.S., the ratio of supply versus demand of canola oil is about 1:3, which presents a huge opportunity for U.S. producers to grow more canola. Canola is grown in predominantly in North Dakota, but also in Oklahoma, Minnesota, Montana, Idaho, Oregon and several other states.
A moist cake is the goal of every baker, but it's sometimes easier said than done. Vegetable oil can help prevent a dry cake and you will find it as an ingredient in many recipes, as well as a staple for boxed cake mixes. Most vegetable oils will work just fine in cake, but some alter the flavor of baked goods and some are expensive. Canola is one of the most common cooking oils and wins in the category of best all-around oil to use for baking a cake. It combines ease of use, wide availability and health benefits with a relatively low expense.
Canola oil is very low in saturated fats. It contains linoleic (omega-6) and α-linolenic acid (omega-3) essential fatty acids at 2:1 making it as one of the healthiest cooking oils at a ratio even better than olive oil.
- 18Canola oil has very little flavor, particularly when used in baked goods. It is considered neutral tasting oil and will allow the flavor of your cake to shine through. Any flavor of cake, from chocolate and vanilla to carrot and spice, works well with canola oil. Since the oil is not expensive you can splurge on other high-quality ingredients, such as real vanilla, because those will be the flavors that define the cake.
- 19Thank you for viewing my Chocolate Fudgy Cake recipe. I hope you send a response if you make it!! And if you're not interested in the recipe, I hope at least you learned something new about Canola Oil!!!
The brands I used are my own personal preferences, but you can use the brands you are comfortable with.