Chocolate Fudge Cake
I dress it up with chocolate curls and a light dusting of icing sugar - that's the signature classic look, or my family eats it 15 minutes out of the oven for a teatime treat, sometimes with a generous portion of vanilla ice cream.
This cake is great chilled or warm.
How to Make Chocolate Fudge Cake
- 1Melt the chocolate and butter over a double-boiler, set aside to cool.
- 2Preheat oven to 180 Celcius. Line and grease an 8" x 8" cake tin.
- 3Place sifted flour and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add the eggs and the cooled chocolate mixture. Mix using electric beater until mixture thickens and lightens in colour.
- 4Pour into prepared tin and bake for 30 minutes.
- 5Let cake sit in tin for 5 minutes before turning out to cool completely.