- 1 c
- 1 stick
- 1 c
- 4 large
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, softened
- 5.1 oz
- box of vanilla instant pudding
- 3 c
- 8 oz
- cool whip (you won't use all of it!)
- chocolate syrup or chocolate sauce
How to Make Chocolate Eclair Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 400. Lightly grease a 9"X13" glass baking pan.
- 2For the Eclair Crust: In a medium saucepan, melt butter in water and bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in flour. Mix in one egg at a time, mixing completely before adding another egg. Spread mixture into pan, covering the bottom and sides evenly. Mixture will be very wet.
*If the sides of your pan are too greased you won't be able to get the mixture to stay up the sides so make sure to just lightly grease.
- 4For the Filling: Whip cream cheese in a medium bowl. In separate bowl make vanilla pudding by beating the pudding mix and the milk for 3 minutes and put in the fridge until set. Make sure pudding is thick before mixing in with cream cheese. Slowly add pudding to cream cheese, mixing until there are no lumps. Let cool in fridge.When the crust is completely cooled, pour filling in. Top with layer of cool whip however thick you want it and serve with a drizzle chocolate syrup. *If you want to make this even better use homemade whipped cream.