CHOCOLATE DREAM CAKE aka BEST CHOCOLATE CAKE EVER
"Chocolate Dream Cake"
AKA "BEST CHOCOLATE CAKE EVER"
I thought this recipe was a lost forever...but my sister found in some of Mom's things and passed it along to me. It was so worn and torn that I couldn't read it all.
I found a recipe today on Recipes.com that seems to be the same from what I can see.
This recipe comes from "Midwest Living" as well as the picture.
It is named, "Best Chocolate Cake Ever"
How to Make CHOCOLATE DREAM CAKE aka BEST CHOCOLATE CAKE EVER
- 1Allow butter and eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, lightly grease bottoms of two 8x8x2-inch square or 9x1-1/2-inch round cake pans.
Line bottom of pans with waxed paper. Grease and lightly flour waxed paper and sides of pans.
Or grease one 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
Set pan(s) aside.
- 3In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder; and salt; set aside.
- 4In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- 5Gradually add sugar, about 1/4 cup at a time, beating on medium speed until well combined (3 to 4 minutes).
Scrape sides of bowl; continue beating on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- 6Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition (about 1 minute total).
Beat in vanilla.
- 7Alternately add flour mixture and milk to beaten mixture, beating on low speed just until combined after each addition.
- 8Beat on medium to high speed for 20 seconds more.
Spread batter evenly into the prepared pan(s).
Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 35 to 40 minutes
for 8-inch pans and the 13x9x2-inch pan, 30 to 35 minutes for 9-inch pans, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 9Cool cake layers in pans for 10 minutes.
Remove from pans.
Peel off waxed paper.
Cool thoroughly on wire racks.
Or place 13x9x2-inch cake in pan on a wire rack; cool thoroughly.
Frost with Chocolate-Sour Cream Frosting.