CHOCOLATE DREAM CAKE aka BEST CHOCOLATE CAKE EVER
"Chocolate Dream Cake"
AKA "BEST CHOCOLATE CAKE EVER"
I thought this recipe was a lost forever...but my sister found in some of Mom's things and passed it along to me. It was so worn and torn that I couldn't read it all.
I found a recipe today on Recipes.com that seems to be the same from what I can see.
This recipe comes from "Midwest Living" as well as the picture.
It is named, "Best Chocolate Cake Ever"
- 3/4 c
- 3 large
- 2 c
- all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp. - baking soda
- 3/4 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 c
- 2 tsp
- 1-1/2 c
How to Make CHOCOLATE DREAM CAKE aka BEST CHOCOLATE CAKE EVER
- 1Allow butter and eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, lightly grease bottoms of two 8x8x2-inch square or 9x1-1/2-inch round cake pans.
Line bottom of pans with waxed paper. Grease and lightly flour waxed paper and sides of pans.
Or grease one 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
Set pan(s) aside.
- 3In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder; and salt; set aside.
- 4In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- 5Gradually add sugar, about 1/4 cup at a time, beating on medium speed until well combined (3 to 4 minutes).
Scrape sides of bowl; continue beating on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- 6Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition (about 1 minute total).
Beat in vanilla.
- 7Alternately add flour mixture and milk to beaten mixture, beating on low speed just until combined after each addition.
- 8Beat on medium to high speed for 20 seconds more.
Spread batter evenly into the prepared pan(s).
Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 35 to 40 minutes
for 8-inch pans and the 13x9x2-inch pan, 30 to 35 minutes for 9-inch pans, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 9Cool cake layers in pans for 10 minutes.
Remove from pans.
Peel off waxed paper.
Cool thoroughly on wire racks.
Or place 13x9x2-inch cake in pan on a wire rack; cool thoroughly.
Frost with Chocolate-Sour Cream Frosting.