Chocolate Delight Cake
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 12 ounce cream cheese
- 2 sticks butter - no substitute
- 2 (1 lb. boxes) powdered sugar
- 1 bar or 1 - 4 oz box german chocolate
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup crisco shortening
- 3 eggs
- 2-1/4 cup all purpuse flour
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup coconut
How to Make Chocolate Delight Cake
- 1Melt chocolate in boiling water - let cool.
Mix with cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar
Divide - save 1/2 of this mixture for the icing.
- 2To the other half add eggs and Crisco shortening.
Mix dry ingredients and add alternately to the mixture with the milk and vanilla.
- 3Put in 3 - 9-inch cake pans.
Bake at 325 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes or until tests done. Cool.
- 4Mix nuts and coconut into reserved icing.
Spread icing on cake.