Chocolate Curl Cake
- 1 box
- white cake mix
- 1 can(s)
- fluffy white frosting (i use a large can)
- 3 oz
- coursely shaved unsweetened chocolate, saving one ounce to make curls for top of frosted cake
- 1 c
- 1/3 c
- light cream
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 oz
- squares of unsweetened chocolate, cut up
- egg yolks, beaten
DARK CHOCOLATE FILLING
How to Make Chocolate Curl Cake
- 1Prepare cake as directed on package except fold 2 coursely shaved unsweetened chocolate squares into batter. Bake as directed.
- 2While cake is baking, in medium saucepan, mix sugar, cream, butter and chocolate. cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate and butter are melted.
- 3Stir at least half of hot mixture into egg yolks, stir into remaining hot mixture in saucepan. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- 4Spread completely cooled chocolate filling on bottom layer of cooled cake. Place top layer on and frost sides and top with fluffy white frosting.
- 5Sprinkle shaved chocolate on top of cake. NOTE: to make chocolate curls, use vegetable parer to cut off thin slices. If chocolate is slightly warm, curls will be larger.