Chocolate Curl Cake
1 boxwhite cake mix
1 can(s)fluffy white frosting (i use a large can)
3 ozcoursely shaved unsweetened chocolate, saving one ounce to make curls for top of frosted cake
DARK CHOCOLATE FILLING
1/3 clight cream
2 ozsquares of unsweetened chocolate, cut up
2egg yolks, beaten
How to Make Chocolate Curl Cake
- Prepare cake as directed on package except fold 2 coursely shaved unsweetened chocolate squares into batter. Bake as directed.
- While cake is baking, in medium saucepan, mix sugar, cream, butter and chocolate. cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate and butter are melted.
- Stir at least half of hot mixture into egg yolks, stir into remaining hot mixture in saucepan. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Spread completely cooled chocolate filling on bottom layer of cooled cake. Place top layer on and frost sides and top with fluffy white frosting.
- Sprinkle shaved chocolate on top of cake. NOTE: to make chocolate curls, use vegetable parer to cut off thin slices. If chocolate is slightly warm, curls will be larger.