CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES
I have used store made cupcakes, and homemade cupcakes.
I use walnuts, I like walnuts and I think it has a better taste then pecans.
I also used difference ice cream, but the chocolate chip is my favorite. Also Pistachio is good. If used Pistachio, use Pistachio nuts instead of walnuts. GOOOOOD!!
- purchased or homemade unfrosted chocolate cupcakes
- 2 to 3 c
- chocolate chip ice cream
- 1 jar(s)
- 10-oz maraschino cherries, drained and chopped (1/2-cup)
- 1/3 c
- chopped pecans, you can roasted if desired
- 1/3 c
- seedless raspberry jam, or, blackberry jam
How to Make CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES
- 1Remove papers, if present, and slice cupcakes in half horizontally. Place cupcakes on a tray or baking sheet lined with waxed paper. Cover with waxed paper; freeze for 1 hour. Line another tray or shallow baking pan with waxed paper. Using a miniature ice cream scoop, place 18 to 24 scoops of ice cream on prepared tray. Cover with waxed paper; freeze for 1 hour.
- 2Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cherries, pecans, and jam.
- 3For each serving, place cupcakes bottom in a dessert dish. top with 2 to 3 scoops of frozen ice cream. Top with cherry mixture, cupcake top, and remaining scoops of ice cream.