- 1 1/3 c
- 1 box
- good chocolate cake mix
- 1/3 c
- 1/3 c
- 1/3 cup + 3 tbl. brandy
- 2 c
- whipping cream or extra creamy cool whip
- 1/4 c
- confectioners sugar
How to Make Chocolate Cream Cake au Brandy
- 1Combine buttermilk with eggs and cake mix. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer about 3 minutes.
- 2Pour into two (2) 9inch buttered & floured cake pans. Bake 350 degrees F. 30-35 minutes.
- 3Cool cake in pans 10 minutes. Meanwhile warm honey Over low heat & add 1/3 cup brandy. Remove cakes from pans and spoon syrup over layers. Cool completely.
- 4Combine whipping cream with powdered sugar and beat until stiff. Beat in 3 tbl. brandy. Use to frost top and sides of cake. Refrigerate at least 1 hr. before serving. Because of the syrup spooned over the cake layers and the whipped cream topping, this cake should be eaten within 2 days maximum.