Chocolate Covered Cherry Cupcake
In a perfect world I would have filled these with whipped cherry cream of some sorts and topped with a stemmed maraschino cherry, but run out of ingredients...lol So I put coconut in the batter before baking and sprinkled it on the tops as you can see. It is really yummy.
2 1/4 cflour
2 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
1/2 cvegtable oil
1 ccoconut milk
1/2 cmaraschino cherry juice
1 tspalmond extract
1/2 cmaraschino cherries, drained and chopped
1/2 ccoconut, optional
How to Make Chocolate Covered Cherry Cupcake
- REMEMBER TO RESERVE THE LIQUID WHEN YOU DRAIN THE CHERRIES!!!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place cupcake liners in 36 cupcake holes...If you only have one cupcake pan...its ok to bake one pan at a time.
- Sift together flour, powder, soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together oil, milk and juice until it comes together. Then add vanilla nd almond extract. Add sugar and mix well. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Gradually mix in flour mixture, mixing well. Stir in cherries and coconut, if desired.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. Be careful not to overbake. When toothpick comes out almost clean, they are done...don't wait until completely clean toothpick.
- Remove from oven, let cool in pans 10 min, then remove to cooling racks to cool completely. When cooled, top with your favorite chocolate frosting or a ganache, or use my chocolate fudge recipe that is also posted on here...I'll put a link in the comment section for it. After you frost the cupcakes, sprinkle with a lil coconut and I would have also put a maraschino cherry on top as well, but ran out.