Chocolate Covered Cherry Cheesecake
- 2 c
- semi sweet morsels
- 1/2 c
- whipping cream
- 1/4 c
- butter,cut into pieces
- 1- 6 oz
- ready made chocolate crumb pie crust
- 1-21oz can(s)
- cherry pie filling
- 1-8oz pkg
- cream cheese,softened
- 1/3 c
- powdered sugar
- 1 large
- 1/4 tsp
- almond extract
- maraschino cherries with stems
- 2 c
- frozen whipped topping,thawed
How to Make Chocolate Covered Cherry Cheesecake
- 1Microwave morsels and cream in a glass bowl bowl at MEDIUM (50% power) 1 to 2 minutes or until chocolate begins to melt. Whisk in butter until smooth. Let cool, whisking occasionally, 5 to 10 minutes or until mixture reaches spreading consistency. Spoon half of chocolate mixture into pie crust. Cover and chill remaining chocolate mixture.
- 2Spoon cherry pie filling evenly over chocolate mixture in pie crust. Place pie crust on a baking sheet and set aside
- 3Beat cream cheese and next 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour cream cheese mixture over cherry pie filling. (Pie shell will be very full but will not overflow when baking.)
- 4Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until center is set. Remove from oven, and cool on a wire rack. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- 5Drain stemmed cherries on paper towels; pat dry.
- 6Microwave reserved chocolate mixture at MEDIUM (50% power) 1 minute. Remove from microwave; stir until spreading consistency, reheating if necessary.
- 7Dip stemmed cherries in chocolate mixture, and place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper; chill 15 minutes. Spread remaining chocolate mixture evenly over top of pie. Spoon 8 dollops of whipped topping around outer edge of pie; place 2 chocolate covered cherries in center of each dollop.