Chocolate Covered Cherry Cheesecake
2 csemi sweet morsels
1/2 cwhipping cream
1/4 cbutter,cut into pieces
1- 6 ozready made chocolate crumb pie crust
1-21oz can(s)cherry pie filling
1-8oz pkgcream cheese,softened
1/3 cpowdered sugar
1/4 tspalmond extract
16maraschino cherries with stems
2 cfrozen whipped topping,thawed
How to Make Chocolate Covered Cherry Cheesecake
- Microwave morsels and cream in a glass bowl bowl at MEDIUM (50% power) 1 to 2 minutes or until chocolate begins to melt. Whisk in butter until smooth. Let cool, whisking occasionally, 5 to 10 minutes or until mixture reaches spreading consistency. Spoon half of chocolate mixture into pie crust. Cover and chill remaining chocolate mixture.
- Spoon cherry pie filling evenly over chocolate mixture in pie crust. Place pie crust on a baking sheet and set aside
- Beat cream cheese and next 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour cream cheese mixture over cherry pie filling. (Pie shell will be very full but will not overflow when baking.)
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until center is set. Remove from oven, and cool on a wire rack. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Drain stemmed cherries on paper towels; pat dry.
- Microwave reserved chocolate mixture at MEDIUM (50% power) 1 minute. Remove from microwave; stir until spreading consistency, reheating if necessary.
- Dip stemmed cherries in chocolate mixture, and place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper; chill 15 minutes. Spread remaining chocolate mixture evenly over top of pie. Spoon 8 dollops of whipped topping around outer edge of pie; place 2 chocolate covered cherries in center of each dollop.