CHOCOLATE-COCONUT ANGEL CUPCAKES
Jo Anne Sugimoto
How to Make CHOCOLATE-COCONUT ANGEL CUPCAKES
- 1In a large bowl, place the egg whites and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup of sugar, flour, cocoa and baking powder. Sift together twice and set aside.
- 3Add the almond extract, cream of tartar and salt to the egg whites, using an electric mixer on medium speed, mix until soft peaks form.
- 4Gradually add the remaining sugar, about 2 Tbsp. at a time, beating on high speed until stiff glossy peaks form.
- 5Slowly fold in cocoa mixture, about 1/2 cup at a time, then gently fold in the coconut.
- 6Fill paper-lined muffin tin to 2/3 full.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and top appears dry.
- 8Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before removing the cupcakes from the pan.