CHOCOLATE CHIP DATE NUT CAKE
Now I love this cake and will make it for Jim and I when we go fishing or just because we like it!
How to Make CHOCOLATE CHIP DATE NUT CAKE
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a 13x9 inch cake pan.
- 2Combine dates, baking soda and boiling water. Let cool.
- 3Cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs and beat until fluffy.
- 4Stir in cocoa, flour and salt. Mix in cooled date mixture.
- 5Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle with nuts, chocolate chips and brown sugar.
- 6We never measured the topping mixture. I always liked more on top than my mother did. Use about 1/3 brown sugar, 1/3 cup chocolate chips (semi sweet or milk chocolate), 1/3 cup nuts. If you feel you want more on top ~ go for it!
- 7Bake for 40 minutes. Let cool.