Chocolate Chip Cheesecake1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 24 oz
- cream cheese, cut in cubes
- eggs, separated
- 1 c
- sour cream
- 1/4 c
- brown sugar
- 1 lb
- chocolate chips
- 1 lb
- graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 c
- butter, melted
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
- 1Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- 2PREPARE THE BATTER: Place the egg yolks in a food processor for 5 seconds then add the cream cheese and beat until smooth.
- 3Add the brown sugar and vanilla and process for several minutes, or until the batter is very smooth.
- 4Beat the egg whites and fold into the cheese mixture; set aside.
- 5PREPARE THE CRUST: Soften butter and combine with graham cracker crumbs; mix until fully blended, e.g. they will form a ball when squeezed in your hand or by a spoon.
- 6Pat the crust into the sides and bottom of a springform pan about 9 inches in diameter; spread a generous layer of chips on the bottom of the pan and then pour the batter into the pan.
- 7Add another generous layer of chips to the top of the cake, then place the filled pan into the preheated oven.
- 8Baking time will vary from about 30 minutes to 2 hours; cooking time depends on whether you want a soft, gooey "New York" style cheesecake (shorter) to a fluffy "souffle" like cheesecake (longer) - the longer you cook it, the fluffier it gets.
- 9When the cake starts to rise like a souffle, start checking to see if it is done; it will just about double in volume and should not flow over the sides of the pan.
- 10TIPS: If the cake shimmers like gelatin when shaken, it is done; Alternatively, if a knife inserted comes out clean, the cake is overcooked: the knife should be very lightly coated with batter.