Chocolate Chip Cheesecake1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
24 ozcream cheese, cut in cubes
1 csour cream
1/4 cbrown sugar
1 lbchocolate chips
1 lbgraham cracker crumbs
1/2 cbutter, melted
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- PREPARE THE BATTER: Place the egg yolks in a food processor for 5 seconds then add the cream cheese and beat until smooth.
- Add the brown sugar and vanilla and process for several minutes, or until the batter is very smooth.
- Beat the egg whites and fold into the cheese mixture; set aside.
- PREPARE THE CRUST: Soften butter and combine with graham cracker crumbs; mix until fully blended, e.g. they will form a ball when squeezed in your hand or by a spoon.
- Pat the crust into the sides and bottom of a springform pan about 9 inches in diameter; spread a generous layer of chips on the bottom of the pan and then pour the batter into the pan.
- Add another generous layer of chips to the top of the cake, then place the filled pan into the preheated oven.
- Baking time will vary from about 30 minutes to 2 hours; cooking time depends on whether you want a soft, gooey "New York" style cheesecake (shorter) to a fluffy "souffle" like cheesecake (longer) - the longer you cook it, the fluffier it gets.
- When the cake starts to rise like a souffle, start checking to see if it is done; it will just about double in volume and should not flow over the sides of the pan.
- TIPS: If the cake shimmers like gelatin when shaken, it is done; Alternatively, if a knife inserted comes out clean, the cake is overcooked: the knife should be very lightly coated with batter.