- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate/chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup mascarpone cheese/room temperature
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup(6 ounces0semisweet chocolate chips(nestles morsels best for this one)
- 1 cup(8 ounces)semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream.
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 12 count muffin pans with paper liners
How to Make Chocolate Chip and Mascarpone Cupcakes
- 2Place oven rack in center of oven,PREHEAT to 325 degrees.
- 3Combine unsweetened chocolate and water in a small saucepan over medium low heat.Stir constantly until the chocolate is melted.About 2 minutes.
Cool 2 minutes.
- 4Whisk mascarpone cheese until the mixture is smooth
- 5beat the sugar,oil,eggs,and vanilla in a large bowl for 30 seconds.
Stir in the mascarpone mixture,
Whisk the flour,baking soda,salt,baking powder;add chocolate chips in a medium bowl.
- 6Add the dry ingrediants to the chocolate mixture,stir just till blended.
- 7divide the batter among the prepared muffin pans.bake for 20-25 minutes or till a tester inserted into center os a cupcake,comes out clean.
- 8COOL CoMPLETELY,about 1 hour,before dipping.
- 10place chocolate chips into a bowl.Combine the heavy cream and vanilla extract in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
Cook until small bubbles appear on outside edge of cream.
pour the hot cream mixture over the chocolate chips.
Using a fork,gently stir until all the chocolate is melted and completely smooth.
- 11DIP: tops of each cupcake into the ganache and transfer to baking sheet.
Place the dipped cupcakes into the refrigerator to set about 15-20 minutes.
- 12Allow cupcakes to return to room temperature before serving.
- 13NOTE:For puffier cupcakes allow batter to rest in the muffin pans for 20 minutes,before baking.
- 14NOTE:Nestle morsals reccommended for ganache and cupcakes.Will turn out best if used.