Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes
In our busy lives this is a simple way too make a special little treat!
Picture from Betty Crocker, I will post my own asap!
- 1 box
- betty crocker supermoist devil's food cake mix, mixed as directed on box
- 1/2 tsp
- almond extract, if desired
- 1 can(s)
- 21 ounce, cherry pie filling
- small box (3 ounce size) instant vanilla pudding, mixed as directed on box
- container (1 lb.) betty crocker chocolate frosting
How to Make Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes
- 1Heat oven to 350. Make and bake cupcakes as directed on box, adding all ingredients suggested on box and adding almond extract, if desired. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely; about 30 minutes.
- 2Just before serving, remove paper baking cups. Cut cupcake in half horizonally with serrated knife. On bottom half of cupcake, spoon 1 tablespoon cherry pie filling; top with 2 teaspoons vanilla pudding. Replace top of cupcake.
- 3Remove lid and foil cover from frosting container. Microwave frosting on High 30 seconds. Stir thoroughly until very soft and smooth, microwaving an additional 5 to 15 seconds if necessary. Spoon 1 tablespoon frosting over top of cupcake. Top with cherry from pie filling. OR, you could use a stemmed maraschino cherry in place of the pie filling cherry.
- 4Repeat steps 2 and 3 with remaining cupcakes. Serve immediately.