Chocolate Cherry Chip Surprise Delights
Inspired by the infamous chocolate covered cherries.
1 boxcherry chip cake mix
1 jar(s)maraschino cherries
8 ozcream cheese
1/2 cvegetable oil (see cake mix box)
1/2 cmilk (this is replacing the water on the cake mix box inst.)
1/2 ccherry juice (replacing the other 1/2 of the water on the cake mix inst.)
1/3 cgranulated sugar
1 tspvanilla extract
2 1/2 pkgdark or milk chocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate Cherry Chip Surprise Delights
- mix cake batter using the cake mix, 1/2 c. veg or olive oil, 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup cherry juice & 3 large eggs. Follow instructions for mixing on the cake box (the only thing you are doing differently is using a milk and juice mixture in place of the required water).
- Cream Cheese Filling:
Mix cream cheese,sugar, an egg
- Cherries: if you are using the cake pop machine I recommend dicing them.
- in the cake pop maker drop very small drop of cake mix, then 1 piece of cherry, 1 small amount of cream cheese filling, and another drop of cake mix. cook in cake pop maker for 4 minutes.
- after cakes done, place on wax paper and let set in freezer for 1 - 2 hour.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave and add oil to mix(I think you are fine with a 1 TBSP). Dip cake in the melted chocolates. can drizzle melted white almond bark or choclate chips to drizzle for decoration.