Chocolate Cheesecake using cake mix
Daune (pronounced "Dawn") Browne
- 1 pkg
- duncan hines deluxe deep chocolate cake mix
- large eggs
- 1 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 2 8-oz pkg
- cream cheese (softened)
- 3/4 c
- 1/4 c
- unsweetened cocoa
- 1-1/2 c
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 2 c
- cool whip, thawed
How to Make Chocolate Cheesecake using cake mix
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Grease a 13X9X2" pan. Reserve 1 cup dry cake mix for filling.
- 2For crust, mix together remaining dry cake mix, 1 egg and oil (mixture will be crumbly). Press mixture on bottom and 3/4 way up sides of pan.
- 3For filling, blend cream cheese, sugar and cocoa in large mixer bowl. Add remaining 3 eggs and reserved 1 cup cake mix. Beat 1 minute at medium speed. Turn to low speed. Add milk and vanilla extract, mixing until smooth. Turn filling into crust.
- 4Bake at 300 degrees for 55 to 65 minutes or until center is firm. Cool to room temperature. Spread cool whip over cheese cake. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.