Chocolate cheesecake cake
1 boxchocolate mix
1 stickbutter - room temp
1 pkgcream cheese (8 ounce), room temp
1/4 csour cream
2 Tbspvanilla extract
1 bag(s)caramels (14 ounces) individually wrapped
1 can(s)evaporated milk (5 ounces)
1container of chocolate frosting
1/2 cmixed chocolate and white chocolate chips (optional)
How to Make Chocolate cheesecake cake
- First we will make the cheese cake layer. I used a pie pan and lined it with tinfoil and sprayed with nonstick spray.
Place a pan on the bottom shelf of the oven and poured 2 cups of water in it. Turn oven on to 300 degrees.
Place the room temp cream cheese and sugar in a bowl and beat till smooth. Add sour cream and vanilla and blend. Taste the batter- you want it to taste sweet and busting with vanilla flavor. Scrap the sides to make sure there are no lumps, mix again if need be.
Add one egg and blend for a minute. Add the second egg and blend for another minute. Pour into the pie pan and place in the oven on the second shelf over the water pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Sides should be pulling from the sides.
Let it cool!
*Note* once it has cooled enough to touch the pan, place it in the freezer for several hours. It will help with handling the process of assembling the cake.
- Let's make the caramel sauce! This makes 1 1/2 cup of sauce. Usng a small sauce pan, add the can of milk and unwrap all the caramels and add to the pan. Place on a low heat and melt the caramel. Once the caramels start melting keep stirring. To keep from burning the bottom.
Once all melted, let it cool to room temp.
- Now the cake! Set the oven to 350 degrees. Use round 9' cake pans that is sprayed and floured. Mix the cake mix with the room temp butter and milk. Add the three eggs and mix for a minute. Scrap sides and mix again for 30 seconds.
Pour the batter into the two cake pans evenly. Bake for 30 minutes. Allow the cakes to cool to room temp.
- Ok!! Let's assemble the cake!! Remove one of the cake layers on to your platter, face down. Pour a lovely layer of caramel sauce on the cake. Its roughly 1/4 cups worth.
Remember the cheesecake you have in the freezer. It should easily flip on to the caramel layer. Be sure to remove the tinfoil. Pour another 1/4 cup of caramel over the cheesecake.
Add the second chocolate cake layer, choose the side that looks the best.
- Time to frost! I used the entire can of frosting. Do a thin layer on top and use the rest to fill in the gaps on the sides and keep the caramel from oozing out.
I decorated the cake with the chocolate chips all over. And coated it with the extra caramel which is totally optional.
Allow the cake time to chill and set up. Next day is best!! Enjoy!!