- 2 c
- chocolate wafer crumbs
- 5 Tbsp
- melted butter
- 3 pkg
- 8oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 c
- granulated sugar
- 5 large
- 2 oz
- ( 2 squares ) semisweet chocolate, melted
- 6 oz
- ( 6 squares ) semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1/2 c
- sour cream
How to Make Chocolate Cheesecake
- 1Crust-In a medium bowl, mix together chocolate crumbs and melted butter until blended. Press into a 9 inch springform pan. Preheat oven to 300.
- 2Filling-In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar, and eggs at medium speed until smooth and fluffy. Spoon half of cream cheese mixture into crust.
- 3Stir the melted 2oz (2 squares) in the remaining cream cheese mixture until well blended. Drizzle over batter in crust to make swirls.
- 4Bake cheesecake 50 minutes or until cheesecake tests done. Transfer pan to a wire rack. Cool completely. Transfer cheesecake to a serving plate, cover with plastic wrap, and chill for 2 hours.
- 5Uncover cheesecake; carefully remove the side of pan. Frosting- in a small bowl, mix together the 6oz. (6 squares) melted chocolate and sour cream. spread over cheesecake. Chill until frosting is set.