☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 8.5 oz
- chocolate wafers, crushed
- 1/2 c
- butter, melted
- 12 oz
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1.5 c
- heavy cream
- 16 oz
- cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 c
- 4 large
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/2 c
- heavy cream, whipped (optional)
How to Make Chocolate Cheesecake
- 1In large bowl, combine chocolate wafer crumbs and butter; pat firmly into 9-inch springform pan, covering bottom and 2 1/2 inches up sides, then chill.
- 2Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 3Combine over hot (not boiling) water, chocolate chips and heavy cream; stir until morsels are melted and mixture is smooth then set aside.
- 4In large bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar, beating until creamy; add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 5Add chocolate mixture and vanilla, mix until blended.
- 6Pour into prepared crust; bake at 325 for 60 minutes.
- 7Turn oven off and let stand in oven with door ajar 1 hour; remove, cool completely then chill 24 hours - Decorate edge with whipped cream, if desired.