Laurel's Turtle Cheesecake
2 ccookie crumbs (chocolate or vanilla wafer)
6 Tbspbutter or margerine
14 ozbag of caramels
1 can(s)(5 ounces) evaporated milk
1 cchopped pecans
(2) 8 ozpkgs. cream cheese, softened
1/2 csemi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 ceach of chocolate & caramel ice cream syrup for garnish. (optional)
1/2 cchopped pecans for garnish. (optional)
1/2 csemi-sweet chocolate chips for garnish. (optional)
·whipped cream for garnish. can use cool whip. (optional)
How to Make Laurel's Turtle Cheesecake
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix crumbs and butter, press onto bottom and sides of 9-inch springform pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- Microwave caramels and milk in small bowl on high for 4 - 5 minutes or until melted, stirring every minute. Pour over crust. Top with pecans and chocolate chips.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Blend in vanilla. Pour over pecans and chocolate chips.
- Place pan on cookie sheet.
Bake 45 minutes.
- Loosen cake from rim of pan, cool before removing
rim of pan. Keep refrigerated.
Garnish with 1/2 cup each of chocolate & caramel syrups, 1/2 cup of chocolate chips, 1/2 cup chopped pecans and whipped cream.