Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake Bites
These are soooo tasty! They take some time and effort, though, so you should only do these if you have a little bit of time on your hands.
Very much worth it!
NOTE: If you don't want to dip them in chocolate, still melt the chocolate, using less of it, and drizzle across the top of the cut squares. :)
From a baking collection cookbook, Baking and More, with some very minor modifications.
- 1 3/4 c
- oreos, finely crushed (i used my blender) - about 14 cookies (or 1 sleeve of a large package) equals this measure
- 1/4 c
- butter, melted
- caramels, unwrapped
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/3 c
- finely chopped pecans
- 8 oz pakage cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 c
- sour cream
- 1 c
- real semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 c
- real milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 c
How to Make Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake Bites
- 1Heat oven to 350. Line an 8 inch square baking pan with double thickness of aluminum foil, extending foil over the edges. Spray foil with no-stick cooking spray.
- 2Combine crust ingredients in small bowl. Press evenly onto bottom of prepared pan.
- 3Combine caramels and milk in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute; stir. Continue microwaving 30 seconds; stir until smooth. Pour over crust in pan, leaving a little space so as not to touch the pan with the caramel (I found where it touches the pan, the caramel seems to get a little harder than I like). Sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate while preparing cream cheese mixture.
- 4Combine cream cheese and sugar in medium bowl until creamy. Add egg and vanilla, beating just until combined. Stir in sour cream. Pour over caramel mixture.
- 5Bake for 35 - 40 lminutes or until just set (edges will come away from pan). Cool on wire cooling rack for about 1 hour. Loosely cover; refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 6After refrigeration, use foil to lift cheesecake out of pan using foil ends. Cut into 36 squares.
- 7Place wax paper over a cookie sheet. Combine chocolate chips and shortening in microwave safe bowl. Heat for 1 minute; stir. Heat for additional 30 seconds, stirring; repeat until mostly melted and chocolate is smooth.
- 8Use fork to dip each square into the coating (I found a two fork method worked best), covering cheesecake bite completely. Allow excess chocolate to drip back into bowl. Place onto wax paper.
- 9Let chocolate set up, about 20 minutes. (I placed the cookie sheet in the fridge to help this process along).
- 10Store in refrigerator.