Chocolate Cannoli Cake Roll
- 1 3/4 c
- chocolate cake mix
- 1/3 c
- 2 Tbsp
- canola oil
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, softened (do not use lite)
- 2 c
- whole milk ricotta
- 1 c
- confectioners' sugar
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 c
- mimi semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate Cannoli Cake Roll
- 1Beat cream cheese in a small bowl until fluffy. Add the remaining filling ingredients (except the chocolate chips) and beat until completely smooth. Stir in chips. Refrigerate while you are making the cake.
- 2Grease a 15x10x1 jelly roll pan, line it with waxed papper and grease the paper.
- 3In a bowl, combine the cake mix with the other ingredients. Beat on low for 30 seconds and then on medium for 2 more minutes. Pour into pan.
- 4Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes. The center of the cake should spring back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes. Dust a linen towel with confectioner's sugar and invert the cake onto the towel. Peel off the waxed paper, then roll up the cake (towel and all), starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 5When cool, gently unroll the cake. Spread filling over the cake, leaving 1/2 inch around the edges. Roll the cake up again and place seam side down on a platter. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Dust with confectioner's sugar before serving.