- 5 c
- semi-sweet chocolate, divided
- 1 pkg
- (2-layer size) chocolate cake mix
- (3.9 oz.) jell-o chocolate instant pudding
- 1 c
- sour cream
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- 6 small
- candy canes, crushed, divided
- tub (8 oz. ) cool whip whipped topping, thawed
How to Make Chocolate - Candy Cane Cupcakes
- 1HEAT oven to 350°F. Chop 4 chocolate squares; set aside. Beat cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, oil and water with mixer on low speed until moistened. Beat on medium speed 2 min. Stir in chopped chocolate and 2 Tbsp. candy. Spoon into 30 paper-lined 2-1/2-inch muffin cups.
BAKE 20 to 23 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool completely.
FROST cupcakes with COOL WHIP. Melt remaining chocolate; drizzle over cupcakes. Top with remaining candy.
- 2TIP:To crush candy canes,
you want to crush the candy to about a medium size. The candy inside the cake melts to give a peppermint flavor and the candy on top provides a bit of candy crunch.