★★★★★ 2 votes5
14 ozsemi-sweet chocolate, chopped
3/4 cunsalted butter
2 Tbspunsalted butter
1 cgranulated sugar
1 Tbspvanilla extract
1 Tbspgrand marnier
1 tsplemon juice
1/2 cgranulated sugar
2 cheavy cream, whipped
How to Make Chocolate Cake with Grand Marnier
- Melt chocolate and butter in double boiler.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- Beat yolks and 1 cup sugar until smooth; stir in vanilla, grand marnier and lemon juice.
- Blend in chocolate mixture.
- Beat egg whites in large mixer bowl until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar; beating until stiff peaks form.
- Stir 1 cup of whites into chocolate mixture, then fold in remaining whites.
- Pour batter into greased and floured 10 or 12 inch springform pan.
- Bake in preheated 250 oven 2 1/2 hours.
- Cool completely on rack before removing pan.
- Sprinkle cake with powdered sugar and serve with whipped cream.