Chocolate Cake with Dobash Frosting
Being a diabetic now, I substitute every ingredient I can get that is sugar free such as the pudding, diet lemon-lime soda, and low sugar or sugar free cake mix (when I can find it). Must taste good because my grand babies like it. LoL
1 pkgdevil's food cake mix (18.5 oz.)
1 pkginstant chocolate pudding and pie filling mix (3.75 oz.)
1 can(s)lemon-lime soda (12 oz.)
1/2 csalad oil
1/4 cbutter or margarine
1/2 csweetened cocoa powder
How to Make Chocolate Cake with Dobash Frosting
- CHOCOLATE CAKE: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13 x 9 x 2-inch backing pan.
- In a large bowl of electric mixer, combine cake mix, pudding, soda, oil and eggs. Mix following directions on cake package.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Set on wire rack to cool.
- DOBASH FROSTING: In a saucepan, combine sugar, 1-1/2 cups of the water, butter and salt. Stir and bring to a slow boil and lower heat to medium.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the remaining water with the cornstarch and cocoa. Stirring until smooth, add to hot mixture, whisking constantly to avoid lumps, until smooth and thick. Remove from heat and continue stirring until cool.
- Frost cooled cake. Done!