Chocolate Cake Roll
- squares of bakers semi-sweet chocolate, divided
- 6 Tbsp
- 1 c
- 1 c
- flour, divided
- 1/2 tsp
- baking soda
- 2/3 c
- 1 can(s)
- cream cheese frosting
- 1 jar(s)
- marshmallow cream
- 1 Tbsp
- white chocolate powder
FOR THE CAKE:
FOR THE FILLING:
How to Make Chocolate Cake Roll
- 1Cake: Preheat oven to 350º. spray a jelly roll pan and line with parchment paper and spray the parchment paper too. With cooking sprays.
- 2Microwave 3 chocolate squares and butter in medium microwaveable bowl on High 1-1/2 - 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is melted.
Add granulated sugar: mix well. Beat eggs in large bowl with mixer on high speed 3 minutes or until thickened. Blend in chocolate mixture. Add 1/4 cup flour and baking soda: beat just until blended. Add remaining flour alternately with water, beating well after each addition.
- 3Spread evenly in prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes or until top of cake springs back.
- 4Rolling and Filling the cake: Dust a clean kitchen towel, (not terry) with 1/4 cup of powdered sugar or cocoa. Turn out cake onto prepared cloth. remove parchment paper. Trim up the sides of the cake's edges.
- 5Starting with a long side, tightly roll up cake with cloth towel. Transfer cake, seam side down, to a wire rack to cool.
- 6Meanwhile mix the cream cheese frosting, marshmallow cream and 1 T. white chocolate powder. Blend well.
- 7Unroll cake; remove cloth. Spread filling over cake to within 1/2 inch of edges. Re-roll cake; place seam side down on a plate. Dust with Confectioners sugar before serving.
- 8Serve with fresh fruit or ice cream.