CHOCOLATE BROWNIE HEAVEN or FIVE LAYER BROWNIES !
I got this recipe from my dear friend Grace, I am not sure where she got it from, she can't remember due to to Alzheimer Desease. Over the years she and I have experimented with it, and always came back to this version that we tweaked to our liking!
This recipe looks much more complicated than what it is.... this is so easy... and OH SO GOOD!!!
What a really impressive dessert to serve at your dinner party, club meeting, office party or church pot luck! I am constantly asked for this recipe!
The photos are different ways to present this recipe... the original way is described in recipe which assembles it in a cake pan. But don't be afraid to get creative! Sometimes, we would not put the Cool Whip layer on in the pan, but put a dallop of Cool Whip on top on plated pieces and then sprinkle with nuts, syrup and or fruits.
*** Another version is making this in cup cake wrappers for individual delights!!!
- 1 box
- duncan hines chewy fudge brownie mix (19.9 ounces)
- 2 large
- 1/4 c
- 1/2 c
- vegetable oil
- 2 pkg
- (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 1/2 c
- powdered sugar
- 2 c
- from (16 ounce) cool whip, thawed (reserve the rest for another layer)
- 1 pkg
- (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 c
- cold milk
- remaining cool whip
- 3/4 c
- toasted and lightly salted pecans (chopped rough)
- chocolate syrup, raspberry syrup, caramel syrup
- fresh raspberries
LAYER 1 : BROWNIE
LAYER 2 : CREAM CHEESE
LAYER 3 : CHOCOLATE PUDDING
LAYER 4 : COOL WHIP
LAYER 5 : NUTS
How to Make CHOCOLATE BROWNIE HEAVEN or FIVE LAYER BROWNIES !
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch cake pan. Set aside until batter is ready.
Mix brownie mix and ingredients according to package instructions. Pour batter into greased pan, bake for 27-30 minutes as described on the box. Comepletely cool on wire rack.
- 2In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar until creamy. Fold in the 2 cups of Cool Whip topping.
Spread over the brownie layer.
- 3In a small bowl, whisk together the dry pudding mix and milk. Mix for 2 minutes. Refrigerate for 10 minutes. Spread over the cream cheese layer.
- 4Spread all of the remaining Cool Whip over the chocolate pudding layer.
- 5Sprinkle the prepared toasted nuts of your choice (I use pecans) over the top of the Cool Whip layer.
Refrigerate until ready to serve. Cut into desired size squares.
- 6Optional: Garnish each piece with chocolate syrup swirls (or raspberry syrup or caramel syrup) and or fresh raspberries.