Chocolate Banana Bread
This bread comes out as almost a fudgy chocolate cake. My kids and husband prefer this to 'regular' banana bread, hands down. It keeps well, but I always make 2 loaves because the first one is gone the same day I bake it. If you only want one loaf, just halve the recipe.
2 cflour, all-purpose or whole wheat
1 1/2 ccocoa, unsweetened
1 Tbspbaking soda
1/2 lbunsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled (2 sticks)
4 tspvanilla extract
1 ctoasted walnuts or pecans (optional)
How to Make Chocolate Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Grease 2 standard loaf pans.
- Mix together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl until mixed well. Set aside.
- Put bananas and sugar ina bowl and mash with a potato masher until they are completely mixed and there are no large chunks of bananas left. Whip with a mixer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add butter, eggs, and vanilla to banana mixture and mix well.
- Add the flour and cocoa mixture, a little at a time (to prevent a big poof of flour all over you!), and mix until well combined. Add nuts if desired, and mix. Mixture will be very very thick.
- Divide mixture between the two prepared loaf pans and bake for 1 hour, until center is firm and a toothpick inserted comes out with only a little crumb on it.