CHOCOLATE ANGEL FOOD CAKE
Chocolate cakes are a favorite of mine. This Chocolate Angel Food Cake I love, because it is a 'light' cake to enjoy when I don't want a heavy sweet chocolate cake.
I have served this unfrosted, dusted with powdered sugar and drizzled with a chocolate glaze. I have not tried a chocolate ganauche on this yet, but I think it would be excellent.
How to Make CHOCOLATE ANGEL FOOD CAKE
- 1Beat egg whites until foamy. Add cream of tartar. Beat until stiff, but not dry. Add sugar a few tablespoons at a time. Beat until well blended. Add vanilla.
- 2In a separate bowl sift flour and cocoa together three times. Important step to blend these well and eliminate cocoa lumps.
- 3Fold flour into egg white mixture until blended.
- 4Pour into Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour. Turn oven off and let cake stay in oven 5 minutes longer.
- 5Remove from oven and invert pan to cool.