Chocolate Angel Food Cake
Do NOT use a plastic spatula with this recipe.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 csoftsilk cake flour
1 1/2 cconfectioners' sugar
1 1/2 cegg whites. (about a dozen)
1 1/2 tspcream of tartar
1 1/2 tspvanilla extract
1 cgranulated sugar
1/4 ccocoa powder
How to Make Chocolate Angel Food Cake
- Sift flour, cocoa, and confectioner sugar together 3 times.
- Beat egg whites, cream of tartar, salt, and vanilla with a wire whip until foamy. Gradually add 2 Tbsp of granulated sugar until incorporated.
- Continue beating until meringue holds stiff peaks.
- Gradually fold in flour, cocoa, and sugar mixture until mixture disappears.
- Bake at 375 for 30-35 mins. When cracks are dry remove for oven. Let hang until cold.