Chocolate Almond Rum Cake1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
8 ozchocolate, dark cooking
8 ozbutter, unsalted
1 cconfectioners' sugar
2 Tbspconfectioners' sugar
1 calmonds, ground
4 ozchocolate, dark cooking
4 ozbutter, unsalted
1 calmonds, flaked
How to Make Chocolate Almond Rum Cake
- Melt chocolate and rum over hot water; cool, do not allow to set.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add egg yolks gradually; beat well, then transfer mix to large bowl.
- Stir in chocolate mix and almonds.
- Beat egg whites until firm peaks form; add extra sugar and beat until dissolved.
- Fold egg whites and sifted flour gradually into chocolate mix; spread into well-greased deep round cake tin which has base lined with greased, grease-proof paper.
- Bake in 350 oven for 50 minutes; stand five minutes before turning onto wire rack to cool.
- When cold, spread top and side with chocolate icing.
- Toast flaked almonds five minutes in moderate oven and cool; press toasted, flaked almonds around top and side.
- Icing: Melt chocolate, butter and rum together over hot water; stir until smooth and then cool until thick and spreadable.