Chocolate Almond Layered Cheesecake
- 2/3 c
- almonds, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 c
- crushed vanilla wafers
- 1/3 c
- butter, melted
- 8 oz
- (2 baking bars) ghiradeli bittersweet chocolate, broken into 1in. pieces
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, softened
- 1 c
- 1 c
- sour cream
- 1/4 c
- almond flavored liqueur
- 1/4 tsp
- salt (optional)
How to Make Chocolate Almond Layered Cheesecake
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9-inch springform pan. Place the almonds on a baking sheet and toast in the preheated oven for 3 to 4 minutes. Allow almonds to cool. Place the toasted almonds in a food processor, and process until finely ground.
- 2Combine the wafer crumbs, ground almonds, and butter; mix well. Press the mixture onto the bottom of the springform pan and 1 1/2 inches up the sides. Bake 8 minutes. Place on a wire rack and let cool completely.
- 3Filling-Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over hot, but not boiling water. Stir occasionally until the chocolate is smooth. Set aside.
- 4In medium sized bowl, beat the cream cheese on low just until smooth. Gradually add the sugar and continue beating until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beaters with a rubber spatula. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down the bowl as needed.
- 5With the mixer on low, gradually add the sour cream. almond liqueur, and salt, beating just until smooth. Divide the batter in half. Add the melted chocolate to one half of the batter. Stirring until smooth. Pour the chocolate batter into the crust; spread to creat one even layer. Carefully spoon the plain batter on top of the chocolate batter.
- 6Place the pan in the oven and immediately reduce the temperature to 325. Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until the center is just set. Turn off the oven and leave the cake inside for 30 minutes with the oven door closed. Remove to a wire rack. Loosen cake from side of pan with metal spatula, let cool completely, then chill atleast 8 hours or overnight. Store covered in refrigerator.