Chocolate Almond Brownies
How to Make Chocolate Almond Brownies
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- Chop up almonds paste into small pieces, add to flour mixture.
- Heat shortening and chocolate in 3-quart saucepan over low heat.
- Beat eggs and sugar until light.
- Add cooled chocolate mixture to eggs and sugar.
- Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture.
- Mix in toasted almonds.
- Spread into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake until brownies begin to pull away from the sides of pan, about 30 minutes. Do not overbake.
- Cool slightly. Cut into bars, about 2 x 1 1/2 inches.
- 195 calories per brownie.
- If using self rising flour, omit baking powder and salt.