Cherry Walnut Cake
My family, especially my Mother and Brother (rest their souls) said this was the best cake they have ever eaten. I swapped the English Walnuts for the Black Walnuts.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 pkg (3 oz) Philadelphia cream cheese, softened. 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1/2 stick butter; 1/2 box (1lb size) confectioners sugar. Blend all ingredients until smooth.
1 chot water
1 cdates, chopped
1/2 cbutter, softened
1 1/2 call purpose flour
1 cmaraschino cherries, drained
1 cwalnuts, chopped
1 tspvanilla extract
1 tspbaking soda
How to Make Cherry Walnut Cake
- Add hot water to dates. Set aside.
- Cream butter, egg, salt, sugar and vanilla.
- Gradually add flour and soda.
- Add dates with liquid, cherries and walnuts.
- Pour mixture into greased and lightly floured 13x9 baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees 35 to 40 minutes.
- Frost when cool.