★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 1/4 call purpose flour
2/3 cbutter, softened
1/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
3/4 cevaporated milk
1 Tbsplemon juice
1 tspalmond extract
19 ozcherry pie filling
1/3 calmonds, sliced
How to Make Cherry Streusel Coffeecake
- Combine flour and sugar in a large bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly; set aside 1/2 cup of the mixture.
- Add baking powder and baking soda to the remaining flour mixture.
- Combine evaporated milk and lemon juice; stir well and leave 5 minutes until thickened.
- Add egg and extract; beat well.
- Add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened.
- Spread 2/3 of the batter over bottom and about 1 inch up the side of a greased 9-inch springform pan to form a shell; spread pie filling in shell.
- Drop small spoonfuls of remaining batter over pie filling.
- Stir almonds into reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle evenly over cake.
- Bake in 350 oven 50 to 55 minutes.
- NOTE: You can substitute 2 1/4 cups All-Purpose Wheat and Oat Flour -OR- 2 1/2 cups Cake and Pastry Flour.