★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 call-purpose flour
3 tspbaking powder
18 ounce package cream cheese
1 1/2 cwhite sugar
1 tspvanilla extract
1 tspalmond extract
1 cmaraschino cherries, drained and halved
1/4 call-purpose flour
How to Make Cherry Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour an 8 inch tube pan.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, crem cheese, and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and almond extract.
- Beat in the flour mixture, mixing just until incorporated.
- Dredge cherries in 1/4 cup flour, then fold into batter.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 80 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.