CHERRY MINI CAKES
Jo Anne Sugimoto
Mele Kalikimaka, Everyone!!! XOXOX Jo
1 boxwhite cake mix with pudding
1 pkg0.14 oz. cherry flavored unsweetened soft drink mix
1/3 cvegetable oil
t tspalmond extract
2 lbpowdered sugar
1/2 ccorn syrup
2 tspalmond extract
2 to 3 tsphot water
·holiday decorations or candy hearts
·piping bag or zip-lock bag
How to Make CHERRY MINI CAKES
- Heat oven to 375 degrees or 325 degrees for dark or nonstick pans.
- Grease only the bottoms only of about 60 mini muffin cups with shortening or cooking spray, or you can use liners.
- In a large bowl, beat all mini cake ingredients with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, then beat on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups about 1/2 full. If using one pan at a time, refrigerate batter while the other little cakes are baking. Wash pan before filling with batter again, or place new liners.
- Bake 10 to 13 minutes, do a toothpick test and if it comes out clean, remove the cakes to a wire rack and cool for about 5 minutes then remove them from the pan to cool completely.
- Place the cupcakes on a wire rack with a drip pan below or use waxed paper to catch the dripping glaze.
- In a 3-quart saucepan, mix all glaze ingredients except the hot water on low-heat, stirring frequently until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat. Stir in 2 teaspoons hot water. If necessary, stir in up to 1 teaspoon more water so glaze will just coat the cakes.
- Turn each cake, top side down on cooling rack. Pour about 1 Tbsp. of glaze over each cake, letting the glaze coat the sides. Let stand until the glaze is set, about 15 minutes.
- Top each cake with your chosen decorations. Store covered at room temperature.
- Can also be frozen for up to 2 weeks.