Cherry Limeade Cake-Annette's
Recipe and photos are my own.
- 2 box
- betty crocker super moist cherry chip cake mix
- 2 c
- butter, melted
- 2 c
- whole milk
- 6 large
- 2 jar(s)
- 10 oz. maraschino cherries, cut in quarters
- 4 Tbsp
- maraschino cherry juice
- 2 pkg
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 pkg
- 8 oz. cool whip
- 1 pkg
- lemon-lime kool-aid
- 1 jar(s)
- 7 oz. jet puff marshmallow cream
- 3/4 c
- powdered sugar
- 1 tsp
- fresh lime juice
THE FOLLOWING RECIPE IS FOR THE 4 LAYER CAKE/2 CAKE MIX CAKE I MADE. IF YOU ONLY WANT 2 LAYERS USE ONE MIX OR YOU CAN CUT THOSE 2 LAYERS IN HALF AND STILL MAKE A 4 LAYER CAKE WITH JUST ONE CAKE MIX. JUST CUT THE CAKE INGREDIENTS IN HALF.
How to Make Cherry Limeade Cake-Annette's
- 2Combine cake mix, melted butter, eggs, milk and cherry juice. Mix on low speed for 30 second and then on medium speed for 2 minutes. Fold in chopped cherries.
- 3Divide into greased cake pans evenly. I baked 4 cakes. Each pan got 2 1/2 cups of cake batter. I baked them 2 cakes at a time.
- 4Bake cakes according to cake mix directions and the type of pan you are using. Mine baked at 325° for 25 minutes. I rotated the cake pans half way through cooking time.
- 5Cool cakes in cake pans for 10 minutes, then remove them to cooling racks to cool completely before frosting.
- 6FOR FROSTING: Beat room temperature cream cheese, powdered sugar, lime juice and kool-aid until smooth.
- 7Mix in marshmallow cream and beat until combined. Fold in cool-whip. Refrigerate until ready to frost cake.
- 10Decorate the top of the cake with lime wedges, cherries with stems and straws if you'd like. This gives the appearance of "Cherry Limeades", otherwise just leave plain. Refrigerate cake overnight before serving for best results. If you don't have time for this, chill it for AT LEAST 4-6 hours. The longer the better. Slice carefully and Enjoy!