1 boxcherry chip cake mix, prepared according to directions
1 boxpowdered sugar
1/2 clime juice, fresh squeezed
3 Tbspgrenadine syrup
3red food coloring drops
2limes, thinly sliced
1 bottlemaraschino cherries, small
How to Make Cherry-Lime Cake
- Mix cake according to package directions; bake in bundt pan until done.
- After cake cools a few minutes, turn cake out onto cake plate/platter; allow it to cool completely.
- Divide powdered sugar equally into two small mixing bowls. In one bowl, add the fresh-squeezed lime juice. Add more juice, if needed, to make a glaze that will easily spread.
- In the second bowl, add the grenadine syrup and red food coloring. Again, add more syrup, if required, for glaze to easily spread.
- Glaze the cake first with the lime glaze so that cake is completely covered. Then drizzle the cherry (red) glaze over the lime in loops and swirls.
- Garnish the cake around the edges with lime slices and maraschino cherries.
- OPTION: Cherry extract or other cherry flavoring can be substituted for the grenadine syrup. Also, bottled lime juice works well in a pinch (faster and more convenient).