- 1 box
- cherry chip cake mix, prepared according to directions
- 1 box
- powdered sugar
- 1/2 c
- lime juice, fresh squeezed
- 3 Tbsp
- grenadine syrup
- red food coloring drops
- limes, thinly sliced
- 1 bottle
- maraschino cherries, small
How to Make Cherry-Lime Cake
- 1Mix cake according to package directions; bake in bundt pan until done.
- 2After cake cools a few minutes, turn cake out onto cake plate/platter; allow it to cool completely.
- 3Divide powdered sugar equally into two small mixing bowls. In one bowl, add the fresh-squeezed lime juice. Add more juice, if needed, to make a glaze that will easily spread.
- 4In the second bowl, add the grenadine syrup and red food coloring. Again, add more syrup, if required, for glaze to easily spread.
- 5Glaze the cake first with the lime glaze so that cake is completely covered. Then drizzle the cherry (red) glaze over the lime in loops and swirls.
- 6Garnish the cake around the edges with lime slices and maraschino cherries.
- 7OPTION: Cherry extract or other cherry flavoring can be substituted for the grenadine syrup. Also, bottled lime juice works well in a pinch (faster and more convenient).