Cherry Cream Puff Ring
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ¾ cup daily sour cream
- 1 package (3 ¾ ounces) vanilla instant pudding (i like french vanilla, if i can find it)
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
How to Make Cherry Cream Puff Ring
- 1Heat oven to 400 º.
- 2Heat water & butter to boiling in 1 quart saucepan; stir in flour
Stir vigorously until mixture forms a ball, about 1 minute
Remove from heat.
- 3Add eggs; 1 at a time beat until smooth
- 4Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheet to form an 8 inch ring (for Valentine’s Day I make a heart shape)
Smooth with a spatula
- 5Bake until puffed & golden; around 50-60 minutes.
- 7Cut off top with a sharp knife; pull out any soft dough.
- 8Beat milk, sour cream, pudding mix (dry) and extract in a small bowl until blended, about 1 minute.
- 9Fill cream puff ring with the pudding mixture
- 10Spoon ½ cup cherry pie filling onto pudding mixture
- 11Replace top of cream puff and spoon the rest of the cherry pie filling on top
- 12Refrigerate until serving time.