Cherry Cream Puff Ring
·1 cup water
·½ cup butter
·1 cup all-purpose flour
·1 cup milk
·¾ cup daily sour cream
·1 package (3 ¾ ounces) vanilla instant pudding (i like french vanilla, if i can find it)
·¼ tsp almond extract
·1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
How to Make Cherry Cream Puff Ring
- Heat oven to 400 º.
- Heat water & butter to boiling in 1 quart saucepan; stir in flour
Stir vigorously until mixture forms a ball, about 1 minute
Remove from heat.
- Add eggs; 1 at a time beat until smooth
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheet to form an 8 inch ring (for Valentine’s Day I make a heart shape)
Smooth with a spatula
- Bake until puffed & golden; around 50-60 minutes.
- Cut off top with a sharp knife; pull out any soft dough.
- Beat milk, sour cream, pudding mix (dry) and extract in a small bowl until blended, about 1 minute.
- Fill cream puff ring with the pudding mixture
- Spoon ½ cup cherry pie filling onto pudding mixture
- Replace top of cream puff and spoon the rest of the cherry pie filling on top
- Refrigerate until serving time.